From: Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: ALLARCHES and the maintainer action(s)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 17:20:18
1 On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 13:23:21 +0200
2 Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > arch_A maintainer sees ALLARCHES keyworded bug, and tests
5 > everything on A. Upon keywording and running repoman, she finds
6 > that two other arches need additional deps. What to do?
7
8 Use common sense? This isn't brain surgery.
9
10 > If anything, I'd say that the _maintainer_ can go ahead and
11 > stabilize on all[0] arches after the first arch-specific
12 > stabilization. Thus owning the decision and possible fallout.
13
14 The maintainer already owns the fallout - they requested ALLARCHES in the first
15 place.
16
17 > [0] I am pretty sure some arches will want to opt out of this
18 > scheme, at least for some more critical packages.
19
20 ALLARCHES shouldn't be used on critical packages.
25 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
26 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
27
28 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463