From: Peng Hsin-shun <ponsinsun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About libpng-1.4 handling
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:22:55
1 Mask it. It's too new to adapt.
2
3 2010/5/11 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
4
5 > Hello guys,
6 >
7 > as I'm sure some of you already experimented, the libpng upgrade didn't
8 > exactly went smoothly on my chroots. Reason seems to be that libpng
9 > usage is odd, it provides both libpng14.* and libpng.* files. Some
10 > packages likes to use versioned libs while some other don't and it seems
11 > to lead to giant mess in *.la files (for example).
12 >
13 > My question are:
14 > * is there a draft news item as a simple revdep-rebuild or portage
15 > preserved-libs feature doesn't cut it (for good reasons) that I could
16 > test ?
17 > * what is the recommended way to link to libpng (versioned lib or not)
18 > * corollary to previous question, should we enforce link to versioned
19 > lib only ?
20 >
21 > --
22 > Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>