From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] netsurf.eclass proposal
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:48:35
1 On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 06/19/2013 06:23 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> I'm all for having fun, but I think the intent was to keep the
4 >> multilib-build eclass usage to a minimum.
5 > Sorry, I've missed that agreement, can you point me to it, please?
8 Just something I picked up from various IRC conversations with mgorny
9 and pals. More precisely, I should say it was the eclass author's
10 intent, and it is a principle with which I personally agree.
11
12 > Turning abi_x86_32 on/off in a global scale is a decision to be made by
13 > the user. With all consequences (initial compile time vs recompiles on
14 > reconsiderations). It doesn't make that difference if turned off.
15 > But if needed, it's just there.
18 It's a good point. As long as we are willing to support users who do
19 not enable it globally, I guess it is fine.