From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: acct-{user,group} for milter (438)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 05:20:25
1 On 12/14/19 11:53 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 >
3 > Of the three packages you mentioned, milter-regex (not regex-milter) is
4 > the only one with a name that actually contains "milter". OpenDMARC
5 > should never have user a user named milter in the first place, and in
6 > the future it should use "opendmarc".
7 >
8 > Besides, since nobody has claimed group/user "milter" before me, I think
9 > this falls under first come, first serve.
10
11 I agree that milter-regex has the strongest claim to the username. All
12 I'm saying is that until opendmarc updates to GLEP81, changes its
13 username, and all of its old versions have been purged from the tree...
14
15 (a) we still have a dumb security vulnerability, in that these daemons
16 can modify each others' files; and
17
18 (b) you have to be careful not to do anything in acct-user/milter that
19 could break someone's opendmarc setup, because now reinstalling
20 acct-user/milter will reset all of the settings for its user (see
21 the mythtv thread from today about this).