From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tmpfiles virtual
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:12:23
1 On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 18:23:10 -0600
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi all,
6 >>
7 >> I have been working on splitting the tmpfiles functionality out of
8 >> OpenRC [1], and I believe the new package is about to enter the tree.
9 >>
10 >> OpenRC itself doesn't need this package to boot since it doesn't use
11 >> tmpfiles.d files, but other software does need it.
12 >>
13 >> This brings up a couple of questions.
14 >>
15 >> Since we now will have two different ways to process tmpfiles, is
16 >> virtual/tmpfiles appropriate, with the default being opentmpfiles?
17 >
18 > Yes. Virtual will allow us to control list of supported implementations
19 > easily. We can also use it to control different versions of tmpfiles
20 > format.
21 >
22 >> Once opentmpfiles is in the tree and stable, should virtual/tmpfiles
23 >> be added to @system, or should we have the packages that need it rdepend
24 >> on it directly? I tend to lean toward the second option.
25 >
26 > We will RDEPEND on it via tmpfiles.eclass. I think floppym has a draft
27 > somewhere.
28
29 Said draft is on github. It is a work-in-progress that I have not
30 touched for a few months.
31
32 https://github.com/floppym/gentoo/blob/tmpfiles-eclass/eclass/tmpfiles.eclass