From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tmpfiles virtual
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 05:09:59
1 On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 18:23:10 -0600
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I have been working on splitting the tmpfiles functionality out of
7 > OpenRC [1], and I believe the new package is about to enter the tree.
8 >
9 > OpenRC itself doesn't need this package to boot since it doesn't use
10 > tmpfiles.d files, but other software does need it.
11 >
12 > This brings up a couple of questions.
13 >
14 > Since we now will have two different ways to process tmpfiles, is
15 > virtual/tmpfiles appropriate, with the default being opentmpfiles?
16
17 Yes. Virtual will allow us to control list of supported implementations
18 easily. We can also use it to control different versions of tmpfiles
19 format.
20
21 > Once opentmpfiles is in the tree and stable, should virtual/tmpfiles
22 > be added to @system, or should we have the packages that need it rdepend
23 > on it directly? I tend to lean toward the second option.
24
25 We will RDEPEND on it via tmpfiles.eclass. I think floppym has a draft
26 somewhere. In case that draft uses DEPEND, it just occurred to me that
27 we need RDEPEND for pkg_postinst().
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny
32 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>