From: Stephen Becker <spbecker@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:44:40
1 On 3/15/07, Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
2 > Stephen Becker napsal(a):
3 > > First of all, get your facts straight. The bugzilla incident of which
4 > > you speak happened before all of this. Second of all, the language is
5 > > irrelevant. Point is, he was acting like an asshole to somebody , so
6 > > he got abused in return.
7 >
8 > Yeah indeed, lets get the facts straight and let's see who did behave
9 > like an asshole:
10 >
11 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=110676&action=view
12
13 Indeed both of us were assholes that day, I never denied that. The
14 difference is, Diego was being an asshole to somebody who was merely
15 trying to test packages in a manner consistent with his training as an
16 arch dev. I was being an asshole to Diego for being an asshole.
19 > >> > I would still react loudly to folks pulling a similar stunt now that I
20 > >> > *am* retired.
21 > >> Hopefully not in the same manner.
22 > >
23 > > Sometimes people need to be bluntly told to stop screwing up.
24 >
25 > Indeed, so eroyf was told to stop screwing up, he just didn't get it
26 > (apparently neither did you, for that matter). And don't start this
27 > 'mips needs more babysitting' nonsense here again, please.
28
29 You really need to stop putting words in people's mouths. That makes
30 you an asshole without reason, and now I'm being an asshole to you
31 because you are being an asshole. In other words, shut up and take
32 your bullshit FUD about the mips team out of this discussion, and go
33 wrangle some bugs.
34
35 -Steve
36 --