From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Current Gentoo Git setup / man-in-the-middle attacks
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 17:36:30
1 Despite of all you're talking about is right from paranoid point of view, I'd,
2 anyway, say "DO NOT DO THAT", because you propose to revoke the right of
3 choice from the users.
4
5 It is user's decision, which protocol to use to fetch the sources. Although,
6 you're, of course, free to make layman to fetch "official" repos from https,
7 but not http/git protocols by default.
8
9 Moreover, there are some times where it is impossible to fetch sources via
10 "secure" way, but you need it right here and right now.