From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 04:31:18
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Christian Parpart wrote: [Thu Sep 01 2005, 05:45:43PM CDT]
3 >
4 >>This just leads me to assume you're not really a coder (wrt native
5 >>programming languages like C/C++), are you?
8 > *Grin* This sort of condescending attitude is rarely wise when it comes
9 > to dealing with Gentoo devs. Not only does it tend to annoy people
10 > (yes, I'm a tad annoyed by the presumption), but since you're still
11 > relatively new here the odds are that people know the person you're
12 > being condescending to better than they know you, and thus it just makes
13 > you look bad if you're wrong. Feel free to ask people what I do for a
14 > living, and whether they suspect that I know the difference between a
15 > 64-bit pointer and a 32-bit int.
16
17 Ha! Yeah ... kids these days... just don't respect their elders like
18 they should ;-). I have seen more and more 'newish' devs speaking their
19 minds like this without even knowing/asking the person. I guess respect
20 and tactfulness isn't being taught anymore...
21
22 And yes, Grant definitely knows the difference :-)
23
24 Cheers,
27 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
28 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
29
30 ---
31 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
32 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
33
34 ramereth/irc.freenode.net