From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [pre-GLEP] Optional runtime dependencies via runtime-switchable USE flags
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:44:18
1 On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:10:56 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Also, speaking as someone who *has* implemented this kind of thing, I
5 > have extreme doubts as to the viability of the proposal. So I'd be
6 > extremely wary of voting in favour of it until we've been able to have
7 > a play with an implementation.
10 Could you please elaborate on what kind of problems may arise ? The
11 proposal seems pretty simple and sane to me: PM only has to switch the
12 useflags that are IUSE_RUNTIME in his installed packages db after
13 installing the deps and without triggering a rebuild of said package.