From: bdharring <bdharring@××××.edu>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: re-organizing our source mirrors into two categories: full and partial
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:05:16
1 On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 07:37 AM, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 09:33:07AM -0500 or thereabouts, bdharring
4 > wrote:
5 >> Also, are you advocating the distfile mirrors carry a *complete*
6 >> distfile mirror, or a partial? I'm curious what the space savings
7 >> would be...
8 >
9 > Distfile mirrors would be required to carry the full /distfiles
10 > directory.
11 What space savings are avoided by not carrying the portage tree? Last
12 I had checked, I believe the tree was roughly in the range of 100mbs or
13 so.
14 I guess I'm curious if I'm missing something, since 100 mb's (if I'm
15 correct) while is a space saving, it really isn't all that much in
16 comparison to the distfile dir....
17 ~bdh
18 >
19 > --kurt