From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal: ban mirror://gentoo/ from ebuilds
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:42:05
1 On 2011.08.18 10:59, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 [snip]
3
4 > Understood that infra gets to complain, but that still doesn't tell
5 > me
6 > what the deprecation policy is. Keep all my large patchsets
7 > indefinitely? Or remove them when an ebuild no longer needs them? Or
8 > 1
9 > year after an ebuild no longer needs them?
10 >
11 > --
12 > Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
13 > Chair of Information Technology
14 > D'Youville College
15 > Buffalo, NY 14201
16 > (716) 829-8197
19 Just as long as we can provide the patch sets for a period of at least
20 three years, in case someone asks. Thats a GPL requirement.
21
22 Thats not to say the files need to be online but Gentoo needs to be
23 able to provide them on request.
26 Regards,
27
28 Roy Bamford