From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new category: games-adventure/
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:17:28
1 On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > And? Two wrongs don't make a right.
4 >
5 > And I've said the same for any other proposed category like that.
6
7 I agree that precedence alone isn't really a good basis for this. I
8 don't really have concerns with the initial category size so much as
9 the general lack of a definition for this category.
10
11 Just what do wumpus (talk about a blast from the past), a game "in the
12 spirit of nethack," and a Leisure Suit Larry spinoff have in common?
13 I imagine most games have some kind of adventure sense to them.
14
15 If somebody can outline some kind of organizational strategy here it
16 would probably make sense.
17
18 Rich