From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 55 updated
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 16:20:24
1 2009/5/17 Piotr Jaroszyñski <peper@g.o>:
2 > I have just updated GLEP 55 [1], hopefully making it a bit clearer.
3
4 Thanks a lot Piotr.
5
6 > Just FYI, my order of preference of solutions is:
7 >
8 > 1. EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (obviously)
9 > 2. EAPI in the filename with one-time extension change
10 > 3. Easily fetchable EAPI inside the ebuild and one-time extension change
11
12 My preference goes to 3 with a .eb extension and EAPI on the first line.
13
14 > P.S. I know gentoo has other problems too, but it's the new and
15 > innovative stuff that makes working on Gentoo fun.
16
17 We need all the problem solving people we can get. And since we're all
18 volunteers there's no way we can force anybody to do anything. So,
19 sure, there may be a need for prioritizing problems, but one problem
20 solved is one less on the pile whatever it was.
21
22 Denis.