From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 20:16:46
1 On Fri, 2019-09-06 at 08:08 +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 21:47:11 +0200
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > So to summarize, instead of working together in order to follow a well-
6 > > established policy,
7 >
8 > You're reading it wrong. If its "established policy", dev manual must
9 > reflect that.
10 >
11 > If the dev-manual writes "should" in one place, and implies "must" in
12 > another for a same thing, then either:
13 >
14 > - The dev manual needs to be fixed
15 > - The policy is not as you suggest it is.
16 >
17 > If the dev-manual is written correctly for the policy, then I expect he
18 > is saying he'll follow it.
19
20 We've already established that the wording in devmanual is unfortunate,
21 and I've asked him to submit a patch. It would be really nice if more
22 than three developers cared to actually work on devmanual which is
23 probably the most important document for devs.
24
25 > But as per the way the dev manual is written, he arguably *is*
26 > following policy.
27 >
28 > Stop taking the line of assuming he's trying to be belligerent.
29
30 He says explicitly that he is against fixing devmanual because he likes
31 the way he can abuse it right now.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny