From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: Paul Varner <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system profiles, stackable profiles, virtuals, and dependencies
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:02:43
1 Hi Paul,
2
3 Others can give you a better response -- but as for the virtual/logger
4 and virtual/cron in system profiles, I think that would mess up the
5 livecd and install stages, because they would then get bloated up.
6
7 As far as cascading profiles are concerned -- we don't have any way to
8 add custom stuffs to the profiles (yet?). It might be on the roadmap
9 for some future date, though. The immediate goal for cascading profiles
10 was really to de-bloat /usr/portage/profiles. I'd suggest filing a bug
11 to dev-portage@gentoo for the custom support though.
12 --
13 "Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it"
14
15 Seemant Kulleen
16 http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
17
18 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
19 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E