From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] explicit -r0 in ebuild filename
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:03:43
1 On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:46:33AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:40:46 -0700
3 > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > i dont particularly care about -r0, i'm just stating that banning
5 > > > _alpha0/etc... is not acceptable.
6 > >
7 > > Lay out your reasons please; the meaning doesn't differ (same version
8 > > due to implicit 0 after all)
9 >
10 > But the PV does.
11
12 PV varying first of all, isn't incredibly grand from where I'm
13 sitting- yet more any versionator style code has to account for.
14 Second, so what? We're talking about 15 ebuilds here. It's not as
15 though the ebuilds are completely screwed in this- dealing with the PV
16 change for the ebuild is pretty minor.
17
18 ~harring