From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] explicit -r0 in ebuild filename
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:06:40
1 On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:02:16 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > But the PV does.
4 >
5 > PV varying first of all, isn't incredibly grand from where I'm
6 > sitting- yet more any versionator style code has to account for.
7 > Second, so what? We're talking about 15 ebuilds here. It's not as
8 > though the ebuilds are completely screwed in this- dealing with the
9 > PV change for the ebuild is pretty minor.
10
11 But pointless, since it gives no advantage. If there were something to
12 be gained from what you're proposing then maybe fifteen ebuilds
13 wouldn't be so big a deal, but there isn't.
16 Ciaran McCreesh