From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Usages of CVS $Header$ keyword in ebuilds - use cases wanted
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:22:56
1 On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 06:35:57PM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > For that reason I'd pretty much prefer to keep the CVS Header in place,
3 > unless there is a very good reason to remove it.
4 As I wrote in the other thread, my reason for asking is that it's one of
5 the things that doesn't have clear mapping in the Git world. As a side
6 benefit, getting rid of it also makes the double-commit mess go away.
7
8 For your use case, it should be possible to just ask Git for updates to
9 the given directory, and apply those to your own tree.
12 Robin Hugh Johnson
13 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
14 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
15 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85