From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Add sync-git-extra-opts or sync-git-pull-extra-opts to repos.conf
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 19:46:29
1 On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 2:05 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 01:05:12 +0800
3 > konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:30 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
6 >> > konsolebox posted on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:10:53 +0800 as excerpted:
7 >> >
8 >> >> Hi, I can't find a way to make `emerge --sync` add an option like
9 >> >> `-f` to `git pull` when it runs it. How about adding
10 >> >> sync-git-extra-opts or sync-git-pull-extra-opts to repos.conf? We
11 >> >> already have sync-rsync-extra-opts for rsync so I think it's fair
12 >> >> to add one for git.
13 >> >
14 >> > If you have layman installed, you can set repo sync-type to
15 >> > laymansync, and layman, in turn, has configuration options that
16 >> > allow you to set additional options for git as well as the other
17 >> > repo-type fetch commands (bzr, svn, etc).
18 >> >
19 >>
20 >> Unfortunately I need it for the `gentoo` repo itself. I do have
21 >> layman repos but I update them separately with `layman -S`, and I
22 >> don't want them to always get updated together with `gentoo` everytime
23 >> I run `emerge --sync`.
26 > No, the portage sync system controls which repo(s) get synced via the
27 > auto-sync setting. So layman can git sync the gentoo repo like Duncan
28 > described without also syncing your manually synced layman repos.
29
30 Ok I think I follow a bit, but wouldn't it be better to have that
31 feature without relying on layman?
34 konsolebox