From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Add sync-git-extra-opts or sync-git-pull-extra-opts to repos.conf
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:06:57
1 On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 01:05:12 +0800
2 konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:30 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
5 > > konsolebox posted on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:10:53 +0800 as excerpted:
6 > >
7 > >> Hi, I can't find a way to make `emerge --sync` add an option like
8 > >> `-f` to `git pull` when it runs it. How about adding
9 > >> sync-git-extra-opts or sync-git-pull-extra-opts to repos.conf? We
10 > >> already have sync-rsync-extra-opts for rsync so I think it's fair
11 > >> to add one for git.
12 > >
13 > > If you have layman installed, you can set repo sync-type to
14 > > laymansync, and layman, in turn, has configuration options that
15 > > allow you to set additional options for git as well as the other
16 > > repo-type fetch commands (bzr, svn, etc).
19 > Unfortunately I need it for the `gentoo` repo itself. I do have
20 > layman repos but I update them separately with `layman -S`, and I
21 > don't want them to always get updated together with `gentoo` everytime
22 > I run `emerge --sync`.
25 No, the portage sync system controls which repo(s) get synced via the
26 auto-sync setting. So layman can git sync the gentoo repo like Duncan
27 described without also syncing your manually synced layman repos.
30 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>