From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] official games repository
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 01:53:28
1 Markos,
2
3 Markos Chandras wrote:
4 > This is not a great way to invite more users to participate. If you
5 > intend to make the game overlay and team a developer-only thing you
6 > are doing a great work.
7
8 Everything in the Gentoo project is per definition strictly
9 developer-only. I suppose that it's a function of having the
10 project centered around a foundation.
11
12 I understand that it is very easy to get tunnel vision once one
13 is "in", but please do remember that Gentoo is quite explicitly
14 exclusionist.
15
16 In some ways I think this is a really good thing. In other ways it's
17 mind-numbingly restrictive. I do not pretend to have a solution to
18 the problem that would make everyone happy. I don't think that such
19 a solution can be found actually :) because different people require
20 diametrically opposed things in order to be happy.
21
22 Anyway, don't forget how the project works. Users can make themselves
23 heard on mailing lists and in (most) IRC channels, but that is it.
24
25 We are absolutely second-class citizens in the Gentoo community and
26 transcending that class divide is anything but quick and easy.
29 //Peter