From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conversion of Emacs virtual packages
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:18:52
1 On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 12:44 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > The Emacs team has converted the following virtual packages:
3 >
4 > virtual/emacs
5
6 You made a new-style virtual with the same name as a package? This can
7 cause problems with binary package usage, as you will now end up with
8 two packages with the same "name" but different versions. We likely
9 won't be able to include emacs on Gentoo releases any more because of
10 this. Just thought I would let you know.
11
12 (Just realizing I need to finish configuring this mail client at
13 work...)
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list