From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:00:39
1 On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > Rich, if I may have a suggestion, it would be that instead of meddling
3 > with projects that have been doing their best with what they have for
4 > years, and which need praise rather than hindrance, you instead start
5 > a project to get people to think positively and accept criticism. The
6 > amount of energy that was spent in this thread and many others in pure
7 > loss could have gone a long way.
8
9 The only thing that I've offered to do is to help people join the
10 games team, which is supposed to be an open team anyway. That is
11 about the extent of the "meddling" that I've proposed. I've yet to
12 hear anybody on the games team comment that more help would not be
13 welcome.
14
15 That said, I've also yet to hear from anybody actually interested in
16 joining the games team. So, that idea may not end up going anywhere
17 anyway. The premise has been that there are people interested in
18 working on games but they've been prevented from doing so, and working
19 to help improve the games team from within is better than imposing
20 direction from above.
21
22 If indeed nobody actually wants to join the games team, then the next
23 question is whether to leave things alone, or to find another
24 solution. Either way I'd like to hear more from anybody who actually
25 wants to maintain games packages but feels they have been unable to do
26 so. Simply changing policies won't make actual work happen.
27
28 Rich