From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywording log
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:14:00
1 On Saturday 06 November 2004 07:34, Eldad Zack wrote:
2 > > It's called ChangeLog. Everyone except vapier uses it.
3 >
4 > Somehow I suspected this will be your reply :)
5 > I meant something that can be ACURATLY PARSABLE. (hint: Changelog isn't)
6 It is, at least supposed to. This very point (the parsability of ChangeLogs)
7 was discussed already some time ago and that was the very reason we have
8 ChangeLog format as we have it now. We are even supposed to use echangelog
9 for still the same purpose :), or be very accurate when we hand-edit it
10 (ensure that you maintain formatting!).
11
12 Thus it does not make sense to create a new file that would be a subset of
13 ChangeLog. Realistically it will end up no more parsable than ChangeLogs now.
14 In other words wy don't we fix/finish work on what is already accepted
15 solution instead of making more decisions and ignoring them later..
16
17 Oh, you can also use "cvs log". Sometimes (not that rarely in fact) it gives
18 you more comments than ChangeLog.
19
20 George
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list