From: Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt <charon@×××××××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bug-submittal guide?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:09:32
1 Mjello.
2
3 Is there any official or unofficial guide about how to submit bugs? I have a
4 few, but I'm not quite sure what component would be the correct.
5
6 Examples:
7
8 * app-cdr/cdrecord won't emerge, and app-cdr/cdrutils has also superceded it.
9 Is this 'Ebuilds'?
10 * evolution depends on libgdkpixbuf, but also depends on it being compiled
11 with png-support. However, if libpng is not installed when compiling
12 libgdkpixbuf, evolution will crash at startup. Is this 'Applications' or
13 'Ebuilds'? Shouldn't PNG really have a USE-flag? But that would make
14 evolution having to depend on PNG, which I'm not sure is possible ("not
15 sure" in the sense that I haven't looked at the possibility of it)
16 * dev-lang/jdk and dev-java/blackdown-jdk seems to be alike, except the
17 latter has a newer timestamp. 'Ebuilds'?
20 Best Regards
21 Kenneth Schmidt