From: Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt <charon@×××××××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bug-submittal guide?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:09:32
Mjello.

Is there any official or unofficial guide about how to submit bugs? I have a
few, but I'm not quite sure what component would be the correct.

Examples:

* app-cdr/cdrecord won't emerge, and app-cdr/cdrutils has also superceded it.
  Is this 'Ebuilds'?
* evolution depends on libgdkpixbuf, but also depends on it being compiled
  with png-support. However, if libpng is not installed when compiling
  libgdkpixbuf, evolution will crash at startup. Is this 'Applications' or
  'Ebuilds'? Shouldn't PNG really have a USE-flag? But that would make
  evolution having to depend on PNG, which I'm not sure is possible ("not
  sure" in the sense that I haven't looked at the possibility of it)
* dev-lang/jdk and dev-java/blackdown-jdk seems to be alike, except the
  latter has a newer timestamp. 'Ebuilds'?

--
Best Regards
Kenneth Schmidt