From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:41:54
1 On 1/1/08, Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
2 > > It took me some time to find /etc/conf.d/modules, but it's certainly
3 > > useful :).
4 >
5 > It also means all config files, with the exceptions of fstab and rc.conf
6 > are in conf.d and not some random dir :)
7
8 Took me a while too... Some ChangeLog documentation should be available.
9
10 Also I think this is a regression:
11 # update-modules
12 /sbin/update-modules: line 118: KV_to_int: command not found
13 /sbin/update-modules: line 118: KV_to_int: command not found
14 /sbin/update-modules: line 263: is_older_than: command not found
15
16 And I think there is a circular dependency of:
17 openrc->init-module-tools->baselayout->openrc
18
19 I did not understand the comments in rc.conf regarding the external
20 dependency...
21 # It's possible to define extra dependencies for services like so
22 #rc_config="/etc/foo"
23 #rc_need="openvpn"
24 #rc_use="net.eth0"
25 #rc_after="clock"
26 #rc_before="local"
27
28 How can I add a specific service dependency using this mechanism? The
29 modified service name is missing...
30
31 I also notice that the timezone of clock is gone, any alternative?
32 Also the network dependency of stopping/starting services when network
33 is unavailable/available is gone, any alternative?
34
35 Thanks!
36 Alon.
37 --