From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage in Embedded Systems?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:20:21
1 All,
2
3 Maybe I've just not seen this, but what sort of footprint does
4 portage leave on embedded systems with low cpu/ram? I ask this mainly
5 because it's a Good Thing To Know (tm) considering the last LWE
6 conference was full of people asking about using Gentoo for embedded
7 devices. Something like higher end Palms may be able to dish it out,
8 but what happens when you get to lower end palms or even cell phones?
9 Thanks ahead of time for any/all comments and hold on (*ChrisWhite
10 prepares fireproof suit)... and flames.
13 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
15 Sound | Video | Security
16 ChrisWhite @ irc.freenode.net