From: James Harlow <james@××××××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:07:34
1 > "Gentoo Linux will never depend upon a piece of software unless it
2 > conforms to the GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General
3 > Public License or some other license approved by the Open Source
4 > Initiative (OSI.)" -- http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/contract.xml
5 >
6 > I think we can cross Preforce/Bitkeeper off the list based on that.
7
8 Both p4 and BK can export to open-source formats, like CVS. The fact
9 that some kernel developers (like linus) use bk, and other developers
10 don't have to, suggests that Gentoo could do the same thing.
13 When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. - Jonathan Swift
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list