From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:03:22
1 On 01/25/04 James Harlow wrote:
2
3 > > "Gentoo Linux will never depend upon a piece of software unless
4 > > it conforms to the GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser
5 > > General Public License or some other license approved by the
6 > > Open Source Initiative (OSI.)" --
7 > > http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/contract.xml
8 > >
9 > > I think we can cross Preforce/Bitkeeper off the list based on that.
10 >
11 > Both p4 and BK can export to open-source formats, like CVS. The fact
12 > that some kernel developers (like linus) use bk, and other developers
13 > don't have to, suggests that Gentoo could do the same thing.
14
15 Does the kernel have a social contract ?
16 I'm not really biased to any of the options, but the discussion about
17 moving the forums from phpBB to a commercial product should be
18 considered in the decision as I expect the user reactions will be
19 simlilar.
20
21 Marius
26 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
27 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.