From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: bash-3.1 stable
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:55:19
1 Raymond Jennings posted on Tue, 02 Apr 2013 07:35:26 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > You know guys, I just joined this list so I could get an inside look at
4 > how gentoo development is supposed to work, and hopefully find a few
5 > role models so I know what to do to get the ball rolling on becoming a
6 > developer myself.
7 >
8 > I never expected to walk into this sort of tit for tat mud slinging
9 > fest.
10 >
11 > Carry on or whatever but sheesh...
12
13 LOL. Agreed.
14
15 Tho in practice, if you're here long you do develop a rather thick hide.
16 Nothing NEAR what it was a few years ago, tho. Before it gets anywhere
17 near that, there's warnings, these days. AFAIK there has been no need to
18 go beyond that for awhile, tho I'd /not/ be in a position to know, except
19 for what's public here, which really /is/ better than it used to be,
20 something I'm sure everyone here appreciates, especially the folks who
21 were around back then to know how bad it /was/!
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman