From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What's going on with the tmpfiles eclasses?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 12:42:50
1 On 4/24/19 8:24 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>
3 >> which will still work (albeit with a warning) if you somehow manage not
4 >> to have virtual/tmpfiles installed. So, if it's important, I think we
5 >> could drop the RDEPEND="virtual/tmpfiles" from tmpfiles.eclass.
6 >
7 > Programs depend on tmpfiles being actually processed (either at install
8 > time or on boot). If you don't have the deps, you'll end up with
9 > missing directories, and programs that don't work out of the box.
12 I get where you're coming from, but then shouldn't systemd.eclass also
13 depend on systemd for its systemd-tmpfiles implementation? Otherwise,
14 you can make exactly the same argument about systemd_tmpfiles_create().