From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:38:15
1 You better bring this up on the gentoo-alt mailing list. Please
2 consider posting it there instead of going in a private discussion.
3
4 On 06-01-2006 08:15:42 -0700, Duncan wrote:
5 > And I definitely wish you well in your G/FBSD efforts, but when I
6 > mentioned them on my local ISP's unix (*ix) group, the FBSD groupies
7 > reaction was "Yuck!"
8 >
9 > Tell me, from someone who obviously has some FBSD experience, what
10 > advantages does Gentoo/FreeBSD have over the normal FreeBSD? Why would
11 > someone use it who is currently using regular FreeBSD, and why are you
12 > spending the time? There are obviously reasons, as you're a very
13 > talented person spending quite a bit of time on the project, but equally
14 > obviously, I'm not familiar enough with them to make a good G/FBSD
15 > representative, at this point.
16 >
17 > (If you like and don't consider this topical for the list or thread, mail
18 > me. If I have the question, however, it's possible others do as well,
19 > and just haven't asked, so maybe it is worth keeping to the list.
20 > Whatever. /I'm/ interested, anyway.)
21 >
22 > TIA
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo/Alt