From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: Social Contract change & What is "Gentoo" ?
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:32:48
1 On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:30:33PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 [... Snip Pieter's proposal on Gentoo definitions ...]
3 > I like this better too. For me a gentoo project is whatever projects are
4 > "officially" run by Gentoo. I think this description gives a good
5 > implementation of such an abstract notion and the additions make clear what a
6 > gentoo os is and how gentoo-macosx is a gentoo project, but not a gentoo
7 > operating system.
8
9 I've shamelessly copied Pieter's definitions and pasted them in a copy of
10 the Social Contract. I've also added some changes to reflect "Gentoo"
11 instead of "Gentoo Linux", such as describing contributions for metadata and
12 documentation.
13
14 You are able to find the draft at
15 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/contract.html. Comments are, as usual,
16 appreciated. Please give it a good read, it's not a lenghty document but
17 rather important one.
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen