From: Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LFS QA warnings coming soon to a build near you
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 16:51:41
1 On May 31, 2015 7:33:28 AM PDT, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 >I'm not sure what's best for every one:
4 >1. Push hundreds of patches upstream to add lfs flags;
5 >2. Apply your patch to our glibc ebuilds, fix the corner cases, and go
6 > back to glibc upstream with these data.
9 If the changes are made to glibc, would these be under a new symbol version for ABI compatibility, or just be changes to headers to make _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 the default? If not, what about binary software? Not saying you haven’t considered the relevant issues; I just haven’t seen binary software brought up on this list yet.
12 Christopher Head