From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 07:20:10
1 >>>>> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > Let's also add -c for C programs, and -cxx for C++ programs. -py for
4 > pure Python stuff, -cpy when stuff includes extensions compiled in
5 > C, -cxxpy extensions in C++. We should also have special -x86asm
6 > suffix for packages that rely on non-portable x86 assembly, or maybe
7 > even -x86asm-sse when they use some fancy instruction sets. And then
8 > don't forget to add a suffix for license,
9
10 Yes please, let's add a -non-free suffix to all packages with a
11 license outside of the @FREE group. ;)
12
13 > for GUI library (because obviously nobody wants GTK+ software on KDE
14 > systems, nor GTK+3 software on GTK+ systems).
15
16 But seriously, what has become of the package tags proposal? It seems
17 to me that it would fit some of the things suggested previously in
18 this thread.
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Antarus/Package_Tags
20
21 Ulrich