From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 07:41:51
1 On Monday, October 17, 2016 9:17:48 AM EDT Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >
3 > But seriously, what has become of the package tags proposal? It seems
4 > to me that it would fit some of the things suggested previously in
5 > this thread.
6 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Antarus/Package_Tags
7
8 That is interesting, but I think is aiming to solve a different problemt. Plus
9 it is not requiring any sort of policy that binary ebuilds end in -bin. Which
10 is the main idea. The rest was more icing.
11
12 To be clear I would suggest at MOST 3, -bin, -ebin, and -sbin. NO more.
15 William L. Thomson Jr.