From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 07:49:21
1 On 17/10/16 08:41, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Monday, October 17, 2016 9:17:48 AM EDT Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 >> But seriously, what has become of the package tags proposal? It seems
4 >> to me that it would fit some of the things suggested previously in
5 >> this thread.
6 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Antarus/Package_Tags
7 > That is interesting, but I think is aiming to solve a different problemt. Plus
8 > it is not requiring any sort of policy that binary ebuilds end in -bin. Which
9 > is the main idea. The rest was more icing.
10 >
11 > To be clear I would suggest at MOST 3, -bin, -ebin, and -sbin. NO more.
12 >
13 I don't see what problem you are trying to solve. Gentoo is a
14 source-based distro .. any binaries are a last-resort or most certainly
15 should be. Having a policy may be useful, but I see no proposition on
16 this thread yet?