From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Docker 1.0.0 masked for no known reason?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 08:09:46
1 On 06/29/2014 03:58 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
2 > Hi Markos,
3 >
4 > I was wondering why docker 1.0.0 wasn't seeming to get updated on my
5 > boxes recently, despite me commiting the update to the cvs tree, and
6 > Tianon noticed that it was masked at the moment:
7 >
8 > # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> (03 May 2014)
9 > # Masked for further testing
10 >> =app-emulation/lxc-1.0.0
11 >> =app-emulation/docker-1.0.0
12 >
13 > Which is odd, given that I never saw a bug report, nor did Tianon, and I
14 > thought we were the ones working on maintaining this package in the
15 > tree.
16 >
17 > So, what's up with keeping docker from being updated? Is it just an lxc
18 > bug? This works just fine on my other boxes with other distros :)
19 >
20 > And why mask without at least dropping me an email?
21 >
22 > thanks,
23 >
24 > greg k-h
25 >
26 Hi Greg,
27
28 It's been a long time. To be honest I don't remember masking docker but
29 I most likely did it because I was asked to mask >=lxc-1.0.0 by the
30 virtualization team (and Diego (flameeyes). And docker depends on
31 lxc-1.0.0 according to the ebuild. But now that you have unmasked
32 docker, i think the deptree will be broken since lxc is still masked.
35 Regards,
36 Markos Chandras