From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Should we switch IRC client defaults off Freenode?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:46:19
1 On 2021-06-16 13:28, Michal Prívozník wrote:
2 > Why should we mangle with packages this way? I mean, to me Gentoo was
3 > one of the few distros that allowed real choice for users (systemd vs
4 > openrc, selinux or !selinux, etc.). We shouldn't be making choices on
5 > behalf of users. The best we can do is to open issues for whatever IRC
6 > client we have in portage to switch from freenode to something different.
7 >
8 > BTW: not everybody is switching from freenode to libera.chat.
9
10 I second that.
11
12 Adding *our* network is one thing, like adding branding, but removing
13 stuff we don't like is going to far.
17 Regards,
18 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
19 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature