From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Gentoo infra backups (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed addition to the Social Contract)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:29:57
1 On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 19:44 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Monday 26 March 2007, bret curtis wrote:
3 > > Only wimps use tape backup: *real **men* just upload their important
4 > > stuff on *ftp*, and let the rest of the world mirror it. -- LT :1996
5
6 > actually, i wonder if this would be useful ... we set up a master backup
7 > server where we post raw svn/cvs/etc... stuff and then allow people to setup
8 > mirrors of it ...
9
10 Mike,
11 We can't do a full raw mirror. There are restricted things in CVS. A
12 raw copy of the anonymous cvs is about as close as we could do to this.
13 I personally see little to no benefit in the additional overhead in
14 doing that. But if you can make a case to say robbat2 and pylon for why
15 this would be useful to our community then I'm sure we could open up a
16 rsync of the raw anoncvs mirror.
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
20 Gentoo Linux
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list