From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new guides
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:54:31
2 > > Does your 486 cdrom allow boot off the cdrom?
3 >
4 > Unfortunately, no. But there is another machine around here with a floppy
5 > that works, come to think of it. I'll make the floppies there and give it
6 > another try on the cyrix.
7 >
8 I uploaded two disc images to ibiblio
9 gentoo-x86-distro/gentoo-1.0_rc4/images.
10
11 bootgrub_jerry.img conatins a special linuxrc for jerry, but also it
12 contains
13 additional grub menues to start the the rescue disc. This image contains
14 the same kernel that is
15 on the rc4_pre2 iso, so if the iso does not work, this disc whouldn't
16 work too.
17
18 I can make you a bootdisk image with a newer kernel if you want.
19
20 rdisk.gz is the recue disk image.
21
22 achim~