From: Bart Verwilst <bart.verwilst@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses v3 released
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 12:10:12
1 > If on the other hand, drobbins' argument is against Dan seemingly
2 > recruiting any and all, or newcomers to Gentoo, then I understand it a bit
3 > more. While I still think Dan should be entitled to recruit the help of
4 > any of the other Gentoo developers, Dan should perhaps have handled things
5 > a bit differently and required that Verwilst sent the eclass-based ebuilds
6 > directly to himself instead checking it into CVS.
7
8 First of all, Dan didn't 'recruite' me, drobbins did, and i'm trying to do
9 the
10 best i can for Gentoo, i really love the distro, otherwise i wouldn't want
11 to become
12 a developer on it.
13 Secondly, i sent all the eclass-based ebuild to Dan for his approval, I
14 never submitted
15 them myself using cvs. I have (or at least i had, hope i still have it) a
16 non-eclass kdevelop
17 ebuild... I can replace that with the eclass-based one if you want...
18
19 Bye
20
21 Bart