From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system set no longer in part of world set
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:01:30
1 Olivier Crête wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 18:01 -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >
4 >> This brings out the fun of circular depends. I don't really know how to
5 >> address this but a lot of packages are going to have to be updated to
6 >> contain proper depends. i.e. C based apps will need
7 >> RDEPEND="virtual/libc". C++ packages will need a stdc++ depend.
10 > Adding a dep to libc almost everywhere seems extremely wrong to me. I
11 > though we had decided many times that it was a bad idea.
14 Yes. Adding libc everywhere is wrong. However, if you don't have one of
15 the packages listed here [1], your libc won't ever update.
16
17 [1] http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/misc/rindex/virtual/libc
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list