From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: phajdan.jr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: an eclass to handle optional runtime depends
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 07:34:26
1 On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:19:03 -0700
2 ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'm interested in some sort of suggested/recommend deps for
5 > www-client/chromium, but I'm not sure if eclass is the right
6 > implementation.
7 >
8 > I think I agree with Ciaran that this should be implemented as a PMS
9 > update. Let me know if I can help with drafting a change proposal or
10 > something like that.
11
12 I don't think we can start drafting until we agree on one solution.
13 AFAICS there are two major ideas:
14 1) using special USEflags for that (which I can draft if you like),
15 2) copying DEPENDENCIES syntax from exherbo. I guess there's nothing
16 special to draft here, only to decide on how much to copy.
17
18 First gives you compat and handles all the cases, second one either
19 doesn't handle everything or forces a completely new syntax.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny