From: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Optional Package Dependencies for netscape-flash -> libflashsupport
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 18:23:50
1 Jim Ramsay wrote:
2 >
3 > 1) Create a single local USE flag (flashsupport or something) that will
4 > just pull in this dependency.
5 >
6 > 2) Use the same set of USE flags as libflashsupport has, with any of
7 > them adding libflashsupport to the dep list, since these are all global
8 > flags and will most likely be enabled for both netscape-flash and
9 > libflashsupport
10 >
11 > I'm personally thinking (1) is the better of the 2 options, but I'd
12 > like to know if anyone has any other wondrous solutions to this.
13
14 Does/will anything else dep on flashsupport? If not, why not just add
15 the USE flags to netscape-flash and install libflashsupport as part of
16 the netscape-flash install instead of a separate package.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list