From: "Olivier CrĂȘte" <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Optional Package Dependencies for netscape-flash -> libflashsupport
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:19:03
1 On Thu, 2007-10-05 at 14:20 -0400, Patrick McLean wrote:
2 > Jim Ramsay wrote:
3 > >
4 > > 1) Create a single local USE flag (flashsupport or something) that will
5 > > just pull in this dependency.
6 > >
7 > > 2) Use the same set of USE flags as libflashsupport has, with any of
8 > > them adding libflashsupport to the dep list, since these are all global
9 > > flags and will most likely be enabled for both netscape-flash and
10 > > libflashsupport
11 > >
12 > > I'm personally thinking (1) is the better of the 2 options, but I'd
13 > > like to know if anyone has any other wondrous solutions to this.
14 >
15 > Does/will anything else dep on flashsupport? If not, why not just add
16 > the USE flags to netscape-flash and install libflashsupport as part of
17 > the netscape-flash install instead of a separate package.
18
19 If its a separate package that will be updated separately, then it
20 doesn't make sense to put it in the separate package and I support
21 option 1. Otherwise, if they'll always be together, then just put it in
22 the same package.
25 Olivier CrĂȘte
26 tester@g.o
27 Gentoo Developer