From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] generating ChangeLog files automatically from `cvs commit`
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:12:02
1 On Thursday 18 August 2005 08:39, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Jason Stubbs wrote: [Tue Aug 16 2005, 09:46:23PM EDT]
3 >
4 > > Repoman could check the commit message for being valid UTF-8 and
5 > > simply not allow the commit if it isn't. :)
6 >
7 > Be careful, this steps over the line of creating policy by way of
8 > tools. This is similar to when I changed ekeyword to sort KEYWORDS.
9
10 I don't quite get you here. GLEP 31 has been approved, no? That would make
11 it seem to me that the above suggestion is just making the QA tool help
12 enforce existing policy. If there's a flaw in that line of thinking, please
13 point it out in case I fall into the same trap in some other instance.
16 Jason Stubbs