From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 41: Making Arch Testers official Gentoo Staff
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:53:13
1 Chris White wrote:
2 > Alright, so here's what I think on the whole thing now that I made a nice tidy
3 > [Summary] thread.
4 >
5 > There seems to be some concern about AT testers having more privileges than
6 > some other devs. First off, I hope everyone saw the readonly access, and
7 > even so, the whole point of this thing is to make development smoother.
8
9 Let me clarify here. I'm not concerned about ATs having more privileges
10 at all. I just want to know why if we're making them full developers
11 for all intents and purposes, we don't go the extra step and get them
12 commit access after a probationary period? It seems like this is
13 supposed to be the end goal anyway. Basically, I feel like this GLEP
14 goes outside the bounds of what I think of when somebody mentions the
15 arch testers. Maybe it's just me though.
16
17 -Steve
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list