From: Brian Harring <bdharring@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: pauldv@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed md5sum change
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:26:06
1 <snip>
2 > > As for transforming, would it really be needed? I've spent a bit of
3 > > time rooting through the distfile dir and I don't recall seeing
4 > > non-versioned names, although as always, I could be wrong.
5 > >
6 > You are wrong there are even auxiliary files in the distfiles repository.
7 > Unversioned tarbals are though, certainly not helping to get a package into
8 > the repository. Sometimes we provide a versioned version of a tarbal on the
9 > portage mirrors.
10 I'm guessing what you're saying is that I'm wrong on the 'auxiliary
11 files' aspect? Example? Unless you were referencing my comment about
12 non-versionned tarballs... I guess I don't follow on what I'm wrong
13 about.
14 As for changing the name of a tarball locally so it's versioned, that
15 doesn't strike me as the best solution- the name change ought to take
16 place at the server/mirror level. Course that's my opinion...
17 ~Brian
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list